Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Sushi with The Teacher (a.k.a "Just Kidding")

Have you ever seen that sketch on SNL Weekend Update where actress Kristin Wiig comes out as “Judy Grimes, the ‘Just Kidding Woman’”?  (If you haven't, watch it here)

That was my date.

The Teacher was actually a really nice guy.  REALLY.  I mean, seriously, a nice guy.  And I could tell he loves being a dad (I have a super Spidey sense in this area).

I don’t know if he was nervous or just the Chatty Cathy type, but man-oh-man, this guy could be an auctioneer with how fast he talked.  And what I found strange was that he kept making really bad jokes and then saying, “just kidding” after them.

A word of advice: If you have to say just kidding at the end of a joke, your delivery was too poor for it to actually be considered a joke.

I have to admit that it was overall a pretty good date.  But as sushi came to an end I just had to face the fact that there was NO chemistry between us.  I’m sure he wasn't expecting me to go home directly after dinner, but when I offered to pay for half the check, I think he got the hint.

He didn’t let me pay.  An outright gentlemanly move.  So thank you, Teacher.  You really are a nice guy, and nice guys don't always finish last.

They just don't get to sleep with me. 

("Just kidding")

;)

1 comment:

  1. i love that you're so gracious and you are a fabulous date! any guy would be lucky to spend some time w/ you...

    ReplyDelete